Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why Healthy?

I turned 30 this year (YEP, the big 3-0!).  I have a new outlook on my health that could be rapidly deteriorating if I don't step it up a bit.  Losing weight is one thing.  I've been working on that for a while.  But, with the mass amount of reading I've been doing lately on a healthy diet and exercise, I have a whole new outlook.  See, sugar is a HUGE deal.  No, I'm not saying that eating a couple of M&Ms sometimes is a big deal.  But, sugar intake, daily, won't get you anywhere you want to be.  Promise.  Ya, it tastes good for a minute, but it's not worth cancer or heart disease! 

Cancer THRIVES on sugar.  I'm not just talking about simple sweets either, look at baked goods too!  All those things you can put in your body that aren't nutrients your body NEEDS are things that cancer cells live on.  Without them, you lower your risks of developing cancer and by eating the right foods you can even combat those mutated cells. 

In our youth, we kind of take our healthy bodies for granted and over-indulge on things like beer, soda, fried foods.....I could go on forever about the crap I've put in my body!  But, it's time to put an end to it.  I'm not talking about occasional indulgences, but overall nutrition.  My goal for my life is to live healthy, live quality.  Trust me, I've seen enough people battle cancer (thank goodness not in my family) to make me realize that I need to make changes in my lifestyle.  No more pot of coffee when 1 cup will do, no more bottle of wine when 1 glass is more than plenty and no more fried foods, sugary treats and such kept in the house.

Daily exercise increases endorphins and makes you feel great.  If that's not reason enough to do it, it builds strong bodies, strong bones, strong hearts too!  Exercise for your health and quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment