Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Friday, June 29, 2012

Healthy & How To Get There: A Start At A Better Life

Healthy isn't just about the body.  It's about the mind, body and spirit.  If you don't have all three, you haven't achieved what you're capable of yet.

Start with your mind.  Surround yourself with people that help you and having the correct mindset.  Surround yourself with positive influences.  My grandmother would tell me at different times "you are the company you keep" and it makes more sense to me now that it ever did.  I've noticed that when I cut out a lot of the negative influences in my life, positive things started to happen to me in life.  Focus on your goals and the action steps to reach those goals.  Find peace with negative forces.  You'll be a better person for it and find a more positive place in life.  Feng Shui your self, your surroundings, cleanse your mind, think happy thoughts, meditate, whatever it takes to get there. Most people can't do this alone.  It's the hardest part of your health to achieve if you don't have it.  Don't be ashamed, get help and move forward to a healthier you.
 It's easy to get lost and wonder when you don't know where you're going.  Having a constant reminder or many constant reminders of your goals can strongly influence your life in a positive manner.  If you find yourself going in circles, you just need to get a clear cut path on where you need to go.  It can be as simple as a To Do list each and every day.  Keep in in your pocket, pin it to your shirt, whatever works for you.  But, the most important thing is to keep focused.



Next is your body.  Sometimes you can't fully have a healthy mind if something in your body is lacking.  If you don't have proper nutrition, it can lead to mental fogginess.  Things like vitamin and mineral deficiencies can strongly effect you mental state.  So, you may need to look at your nutrition if you can't get your mind where it needs to be.  All pieces to the healthy puzzle are related.  If you don't have all the pieces, you're puzzle is incomplete.  That's how your self works.

I'm no expert on a healthy spirit.  Somehow, I achieve it, but it would kind of be like the blind leading the blind.  I don't know how I got there and I have no intention on leading someone else there.

Here's some good sites on achieving a healthy spirit.  Most successful souls I've seen have incorporated Yoga into their lives and are a million times healthier for doing so.  Something about Yoga targets the mind, body and spirit and it seems successful.  Positive thinking goes a long way for the spirit.

Check out these:

Achieving A Healthy Soul

10 Tricks for a Healthy Body & Soul from Health Magazine

Ancient Orthodox Faith and Seeking Silence I think seeking silence has a lot to do with the soul.

This Screams Healthy Spirit To Me
This Article on Consumerism and Spirituality Speaks to me, it could you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment