Welcome!

With results you can see, fitness + nutrition makes a great start!

**I'm not an expert, just a trainee!**

Friday, June 1, 2012

Supplements: The Top 10

  • Multivitamins
  • Meal Replacements
  • Sports Nutrition Supplements
  • Calcium
  • B Vitamins
  • Vitamin C
  • Glucosamine & Chondroiton
  • Homeopathic Medicines
  • Vitamin D
  • Weight Loss Pills
With all the supplements out there, these rank among the top 10.  I can honestly say I've taken most of them at one time or another in my life. It's important to remember that dietary supplements are designed to supplement your diet, not to replace nutritious foods.  My rule of thumb is to thoroughly research a supplement before I take it.

What do I take?  Well, here's my daily cocktail....
Spironolactone, an androgen blocker prescribed to me by my OB/GYN.
Norethindrone, another one prescribed to me by my OB/GYN for endometriosis.
Glucosamine Chondroiton, for knee pain .  I take it sporadically when I feel I need to and when I'm doing workouts or activities that are hard on my knees.  I used to take it daily when Royce and I lived in Colorado and we snow skied A LOT!
Multivitamin, Women's One A Day.
Acid Reducer for heart burn as needed.
Raspberry Ketone for fat loss.
Shakeology as a meal replacement and overall nutritional supplement.
Whey Protein to enhance results and recovery of muscles after strenuous workouts.

I meet 5 of the top 10 plus my daily other drugs.  Do they work?  Mostly from what I can tell.  Raspberry Ketone alone or Shakeology alone aren't miracles for weight loss.  Paired and combined with a nice exercise program and good nutrition they are wonderful and I see great results.  6 weeks in, I have less cravings, increased weight loss, AMAZING fat loss and I can't pinpoint one factor or another.  It's a daily cocktail of drugs, exercise and nutrition that's leading to success.  I've tried one without the others with little results.  But, combined I can't believe how effortless it seems.

I got some Raspberry Ketones before I started Shakeology and my BeachBody workouts.  They didn't do much.  However, my recent study of Shakeology with Raspberry Ketones along with 3-4 workouts a week was more effective than any one or combination of 2 out of 3 together.  Combined, it's a trifecta of fat blasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment